Study Guide for Unit Test on Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis
1. What is the difference between an autotroph and a heterotroph?
2. What are the three parts of an ATP molecule?
3. What are the reactants and the products of photosynthesis? What is the equation?
4. What is the cause of a plants green color?
5. Describe a granum.
6. Describe stroma.
7. What process takes place in the thylakoid membrane?
8. Which process takes place in the cytoplasm of the cell?
9. What are the two main types of fermentation?
10. Why is cellular respiration called an aerobic process?
11. What is the product formed from the energy passed along the electron transport chain?
12. What energy processes are used during exercise?
13. Where are Photosystems 1 and 2 found?
14. If a plant was placed in green light would it grow? Why or why not?
15. What are the reactants and products of cellular respiration? Write the equation.
16. Where do the electrons moving along the inner membrane of the mitochondria come from? Where do the electrons end up? Hint: Buses
17. What does ATP synthase do? (Role of Hydrogen...)
18. What is Brom thymol Blue indicator used for? (Yeastie Beasties demo) What is it good for detecting and how?
19. What would you expect an aquatic plant to do in the presence of Bromthymal Blue?
20. What is the relationship between photosynthesis and cellular respiration? Hint: Reactant and Products
21. What are the reactants and products of the light dependent reaction in the Calvin Cycle?
22. Describe the main events of glycolysis, Krebs, and the electron transport chain.
23. Explain the role of oxygen in aerobic respiration.
24. Explain why heterotrophs depend on autotrophs for survival.
25. Explain the the role of water in the light dependent reaction.
26. What is the fate of electrons that exit chlorophyll?
27. Do all stages of cellular respiration use the same buses?