Alternative Assignment for Absent Students who missed the DNA Fingerprinting Crime Scene Lab
Complete the following tasks to replace the DNA Fingerprinting Crime Scene Lab
1. Read http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sheppard/chronology.html (summarize what you learned)
2. Read http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sheppard/courtroom.html and http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sheppard/courtroom2.html (summarize what you learned)
3.. Go to http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sheppard/analyze.html and do all 3 parts. Summarize what you learned and draw a gel with the results).
4. Go to http://www.innocenceproject.org/ and pick one case to discuss how DNA can be used to clear a person of a crime. What is the importance of the Innocence project? What are the laws that are discussed on the site?
5. Investigate genetic chimeras or genetic mosaicism. What are the implications when processing DNA?
6. Provide references for #5